Wednesday, May 21, 2003
We won ACJC 3-2 today and we are going to meet VJC in the semi-finals. Ok. Where do I start. Our lineup had me taking the 3rd singles because I guessed that part of the coach plan was to take the first 3 points. But if that failed, I would somehow they only managed to take 2, I would have to take the last point for that. SIghz. It was exactly the same lineup as last year really. We lost the first singles quite horribly..and when my vice captain took to the court for the first singles, I felt kind of relieved that yes. Maybe we could actually win the first doubles and the second doubles and possibly the second singles. ACJC's first doubles was played by my very good friend and his partner. So of course, I was sort of in a dilemmia on whether to give my full support for my team or to just watch the match from the sidelines. My vice-captain aka my motivator versus a very good friend. Sighz. I picked my motivator. Alas, the match did not go well for us and my vice-captain lost the 1st set 16-17after getting a 14 point lead and later a 16 point lead after the deuce. Alas, his pair blew both their chances and sucuumbed to an incredible fightback from my good friend. I was terribly disappointed that my motivator could actually lose the doubles. I thought that they would take the 2nd game but they lost again 8-15 because they really didn't put up much of a resistance. And overall, we were 2-0 down and the 2nd singles was decided by our star year 1 singles against a Hong Kong scholar. The year one star singles played really well today and destroyed the scholar. And yeap. His voctory really spurred the rest of us on:) Anyways, I was super stressed today. Imagine the girls team, the boys team and some of your ex-seniors supporting you. On the other side, you have some really noisy ACJC supporters. Oh well, I played really horribly and made all sorts of stupid mistakes that I didn't even know how to make. Well, I now do know that we have training tomorrow and it sucks. But I have a dental appointment and yeap it gives me an official reason to "pon" training. But doing so could break the team spirit a little..but really, once a month dental is pretty important because the dentist is usually fully booked! SO yeap, I'm undecided.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment