Saturday, May 17, 2003

One of the most highly anticipated movies of this year Matrix Reloaded just got a terrible rating from me. Haha. I know that this review will make lots of Matrix fans scream and feel like strangling me but really, I didn't actually enjoy the 2nd part of the trilogy as I did with the first. Maybe my expectations were way to high considering the breakthrough in technology that the 1st installation of the matrix enployed. Their 360 degree camera turn made eyes pop out in 1999 and we were hoping for something that would give us that same awe. Anyways, I don't know whether its me or the film but the show has almost no story line. Its like all that Neo is trying to do is end the war between humans and machinese and he must get into the source of the matrix. But this shows throws in alot more stuff about the matrix. Like the fact that the oracle is a program doesn't bother me. I can also live with Agent Smith being cut out of the system and replicating himself indefinitely. But what botheres me is how in the world can agent smith replicate himself (thus making him a computer figure) and then go back into the real world? Argh. Then in the matrix, Morpheus asks Neo what he thought was wrong with his world. Neos answer, I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my fate. But in Reloaded, the oracle already knows what neo is going to do next. If she knows what he is going to do, how can he be in control of his fate? Plus the show really over emphasizes on some of the fight scenes. Like the part when Trinity flies out of the building with guns blazing at an Agent. Right. firstly, how many rounds can she pump into the agent without getting shot and miraculously, the agrent doesn't even have to dodge any of her shots! And secondly, when there Neo was overwhelmed by Agent Smiths in the park, why didn't he just fly away? And the part of teh show that really want to pull my hair out in frustration. Why in the world di all those programs have to bring in their Reason and Chance, Action and Reaction Theory into the picture? Man, this is really getting confusing. SIghz.

No comments: