Sunday, May 18, 2003
II wanted to post this earlier yesterday but I have been to lazy to put it into words. Hey you have to forgive me after that super long essay ahem regarding ahem some ahem teacher by the name of *cough* Bo *cough* on. Anyway, yesterdays training totally sucked. I was bombed. When I went to school, my eyes were as black as a panda bear. Thanks to my fathers efficient driving, I was in school 1/2 and hour before training ans slept like a log in the school canteen. I still couldn't wake up fully when it was time for training and I dozed off occasionally during the stretching exercises. Ouch. It was really a painful experience. Your eyelids weigh 2 tons, your leg 4 tons, your hands 3 tons and basically, you just feel so tired, letargic and sleepy I couldn't even see properly. Yeap. My definition of morning sickness...especially during Saturdays. I mean its a weekend!! Ok. training totally sucked. I lost horribly to our star year 1 player giving him an incredible 13 point lead without a service over before managing to salvage 7 points to save some of my dignity. And then, HE came. yeap. He came not She came. Ever since secondary 1, I have always wanted to be like him. He was a living legend of Anglican High School, and Temasek Junior College. He was the first person to get 3rd for the Pilot Pen Individual Championship for males. A remarkable achievement in his time. 4 years my senior and currently in university, he is none other than Charles. Yeap. He is handsome, a super nice guy and he speaks well. I mean. He is a living breathing legend! Let me give you some personal history on this guy. He trained under Gong Ge who happens to be one of the coaches I respect most and he has been in Singapore Badminton Association ever since secondary school. And he actually bothered to come down to have a mini friendly with us! Of course, I lost to him. But that was inmaterial. I actually went to talk to him after that. Wow. And out came his personal history. Besides the history, he also gave me a little insight of my game. He is an excellent reader of games and he told some pretty useful stuff that I once knew but gave back to my coaches. Hee. Anyways, I was kinda happy that we actually shared a common root. Haha. And yeap. Like him, we both received our letter of termination from Singapore Badminton Association in Year 1 due to our super poor attendance. Haha. We did have a good laugh over that letter. Sighz. Why I can't be as handsome as him. Darn. Anyway, it was really nice to actually talk to the person whom you idolise for the past few years. Haha. But again, as with almost every training, something had to crop up and that is one of my good friends suddenly had a bout of depression. Sighz. Just when it seems that I have overcome my depression from 2 weeks ago, my friend is beginning to have his. Sighz. 2 weeks ago, he tried to cheer me up. But I'm afraid that I don't know how to cure him of his depression. I don't even know what it is to begin with. He refuses to talk much today. Sighz. But oh well, he is a very nice person and I believe that good things happen to good people. So perhapes his depression is super temporary and not like mine (1 week). Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment