Friday, September 05, 2003

You should have a look at my new hairstyle. I look RIDICULOUS! OkOk. Fine. I always look ridiculous. But this is WAY WORSE! Blame it on....*points finger* the barber opposite TJC!!! Haha. It all begin with my mother asking (well not asking...more like threatening) me to cut my hair. Fine fine. I'll do it. After my Physics Design experiment, I happily trotted down to the barber opposite TJC for the cut. Hey...its convinient and its cheaper than salons. Haha. Oh well, in all fairness, the barber was an extremely nice guy. When I sat down, i told him in chinese (THAT MUST BE IT. My chinese cannot POSSIBLY convey messages!) that I wanted him to cut my back, my side but please leave my front alone (fringe). He said. Shi de (Ok). And he happily settled down into a conversation in mandrin with me. Well, it was more like a one way conversation. Before I could reply, he would continue with his story..speech whatever you wish to call it. Haha. It was as if he was talking to himself. It was hilarious! Haha. Anyway, I could remember him saying that my hair is very thick and the previous barber didn't cut it properly. He said "Must be malay right???? Chinese wouldn't do such a lousy job (RACIST!!!!)". I said "It was a chinese who cut my hair." Haha. BUT He didn't seem to hear and said something like hmm your hair like that not nice (direct madarin translation). Must be thinner must be shorter..blah blah. Then I said erm....anything loh (TRUST HIM OK!!!). Haha. Then....he went to my fringe. And went on to cut. And he did cut alot of hair. Haha. And thats it. After the cut. I didn't even dare look at the mirror. I even flashed him an award winning smile and said THANK YOU!!! Haha. But the truth was out when I met up with my friends at KFC. I asked "Do I look stupid with this hairstyle? Honestly?" They nodded their heads. And I knew....I knew...my hairstyle sucks. But again...its probably just me thats ugly. LoL. No hairstyle will make me look nice. So maybe that barber did the best of salvaging my looks with that hairstyle. ANyways, enough about hairstyles.

A few days ago, this weird girl addded me to her ICQ list. Fine. I could live with that. And yesterday, I chatted with her for a few minutes. FEW MINUTES. And then.....she asked me for my HP number. WHoa. This was serious. LoL. And Desperate me handed her my HP number. And this morning, she smsed me. I smsed her back. A good 12 hours later, she replied and said that she had broken up with her boyfriend. Hmm. So I tried to console her. She asked me to accompany her. I said "Accompany you?? Serious? Cannot la. My father won't let me leave the house (Thanks Dad. You gave me the perfect excuse)." She smsed me back and said that she didn't mean meet up or something. She meant call her. Again, I said...cannot la. I don't think its a good idea. (Truth is. I don't dare to call a girl. Let alone a girl I don't even know). Hmm. Then I asked her to go to ICQ and I'll talk to her there. But she said she doesn't want to. I offered to sms her like I was doing now but by now, she sounded quite pissed off with me and I haven't heard from her since. And for some strange reason, I felt so bad! Its like I couldn't console ehr and in the process I even made her angry at me. Oh man....

But....enough of all these. I just discovered a nice song on MTV today and I couln't help but dedicate it to sadako whom I think is currently facing a rather awkard time with her parents. Here it is. "Perfect" by Simple Plan.

Hey dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
And do you think I'm wasting my time
Doing things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you disapprove all along

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
Can't pretend that
I'm all right
And you can't change me

[Chorus]
'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect

I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don’t care anymore
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can’t stand another fight
And nothing’s alright

[Chorus]
'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect

Nothing’s gonna change the things that you said
And nothing’s gonna make this right again
Please don’t turn your back
I can’t believe it’s hard
Just to talk to you
But you don’t understand

[Chorus]
'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect

[Chorus]
'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect

No comments: