Friday, September 19, 2003

Did my Economics MCQ, Date Response And Case Studies yesterday. In the morning, I put my calculator on my table so that before I leave for school, I'll see it and remember to take it. Well, I saw it and I THOUGHT I took it. The problem reared its ugly head when I stepped into the hall and proceeded to take out my "MIA" calculator. Nothing. What??? I thought I put it into my bag this morning??? I put my bag down and groped around for my calculator (a guy like me is always this messy or worse!). Apart from the few stapler bullets, bits of erasers that were ONCE part of a larger entity and pens I thought were long lost, nothing resembling a calculator turned up. And I, resigned to my luck, headed for my seat. And then, my friend told me that there was this girl from 30/02 who had like 2 calculators on her desk. Fancy that. 2 calculators for an MCQ paper. I was tempted to ask her to lend me one. But, Mr Bravado (ME!) didn't dare to ask her for it and theorised that an Economics 'Pro' (in inverter commas for a damn good reason k?) wouldn't need something called a CALCULATOR. And I then proceeded to do the MCQ paper. And then, my nice friend behind me saw Mdm Goh walk by. He was out of earshot but apparently, he must have asked Mdm Goh to lend me her calculator because...when she walked by my desk, she put a calculator in front on me and said "Iaaaaaannnnnnnnn......Remember to return it to me when you are done with it. Next time remember to bring your calculator." WHoa. She was a goddess. My savior. William...thanks so muchy man. And Mdm Goh....IF there is another remedial, I'll never PON it again!!

If there is something that can make me as happy as watching Anime, I would certainly like to know what it is so that I can have to ultimate sources of joy=) I have been watching Gensomaden Saiyuki for a long time now and even though it clashes with Holland Village (which is a bad thing because my sister and I will fight for control over the TV) I have always loved the show. Brief Outline of the show: Its an adaptation of the boring Journey to the West (bloody boring stuff) into a funky cool Japanese version (no offense to those who swear Journey to the West in chinese was the best play ever). Our hero of the show, nono. Its wrong. Its not hero. But heroes of the show, in this case is the 4 warriors like the original version with a twist...Think Pepsi and then Pepsi Twist. Original Monk: The monk who never swears, never smokes, never talks loudy, chants sutras all day for the dead, and of preaches nonscense all day. Funky Japanese Monk (Genjo Sanzo): Loves bear, carries a gun, kills people without remorse, smokes, shouts all the time, and he seriously has an attitude which overall makes him cool. Original Pig (should be a pig right?): Fat, loves food. Disgusting. Funky pig (Gojyo): Skinny. Loves beer, women and sex. Has seriously cool red hair. Original Monkey (sun Wu Kong): Mischivious and cheeky. Funky new monkey: He is a kid with some really super powerful moves. Other than that, he thinks with his stomach brain and often earns him the wrath of the monk=) Original last guy (forgot his name): FORGOT!! Funky last guy: He is called Cho Hakkai and he is the calm, mild mannered super caring nice guy. And their preferred mode of transport? A dragon who can morph into a Jeep. I can't describe the show to you but like the characters its very very cool. I could quote some very very very quaotable quotes though.

"Kill the buddha as you meet him
Kill the father as you meet him
Never be captivated by anyone
Live life exactly the way you wish to"

"In escapable past? There is no such thing in this world.
A past may try to chase you if you try to escape from it
Once you face it, it just becomes another old memory inside of you"

Some really deep deep words that I shall leave to everyone to ponder about.


No comments: