Lets see. Firstly, Lets record what happened on friday shall we? Went to school at 7 15. It was a record timing partly because my father had to rush off for work because he had a meeting that day or something. Anyway, it was a bad day. Firstly, I was thinking that it was insane for the teachers to PURPOSELY set some chinese paper just for 5 (FIVEEEEEE!!!) UNLUCKY year 2 students who failed their STUPIDDDD CHINESE!!!!! Couldn't believe it. And I couldn't believe I actually called my chinese teacher the other day to ask her what that stupid looking chinese (3) on my exam timetable meant. Apparently, it meant that I have to be in school promptly at 8 in the MORNING to waste 3 hours of my TIME!! (sleep is preferred any time, anyday). Anyway, I checked the noticeboard to see where in the world I was supposed to be seated and got a rather rude shock when I saw a rather large crowd already gathering at the noticeboard. I was thinking...whoa. Were there this many LEP students in our school? But as I struggled to see where in the world I was supposed to be seated, it hit me. Oh no!! I was taking My Prelim Exams (their Promo Exam) with the Year 1s!! This wasn't good. It was embarrassing!! But enough about embarrassment. I went up to the hall and saw famous Boon as one of the invigilators. Definitely not my day. Haha. Anyway, I went to my designated area BUT some year 1 was already there. This was not good. 2 things could be wrong. 1. I was in the wrong place and if so, I am in so much trouble. 2. If I am not wrong but she is. Then I would have to chase her away. But how am I gonna do THAT?? Solution ian's Way: I went up to my chinese teacher and asked her where the year 2s were supposed to be seated. She pointed to that cozy little corner of the hall. I said my thanks and left. Ok. That girl is definitely sitting at my table. I walked up to her (think "macho" style. you know...think Arnold in T2). And I asked her...."eeeerrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm...........excuse me. But I think this is my seat."
"really?" she turned to her friend (apparently her guide to "1001 ways to chase filthy boys away") and started speaking chinese to him. She eventually turned back and I said..
"Ermmmm......the year 2s occupy the 1st 5 seats oh the A row. Sorry ah.."
"Then are you the last person?"
"Nono..2nd last."
"Ok loh" and she called her friends in front and told them to shift. And then one of them explaimed "wo yi zing xie wo de ming zhe le!! (for those who cannot understand my HAN YU PIN YIN, it means she has already written her name on the paper). Haha. I wanted to tell her...."Its definitely NOT my fault OK!!"
And then....I did my chinese. And I realised. I was only 1 of 2 years 2s who actually turned up for the paper. The rest PONNED!!!! Why oh why...did I call up my teacher???? Act smart. Anyways, I looked at the options available for chinese composition aka ZUO WEN. I was gunning for that wan chen wen zhang (DIRECT translation: complete the story) because....my chinese teacher recommended it. I looked at it...and went..."wahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Siao liao la. How am I supposed to continue????" The story goes as follows....*omitted coz I can't pronounce the 1st sentence* The new MRT line (i'm guessing here) has been completed. Yesterday, my elder sister and I decided to go to (someplace which I cannot read and thus duno) using the new MRT system. Suddenly, the train stopped.........*I was supposed to write on from here*
And I had no idea how to begin. But I remembered. Right. CONVERSATIONS are important and they fill in the squares on the paper extremely fast (calculated k......1 conversation sentence is about 20 words. The rate I construct them, I'd say 13 sentences should do it). AND SOOOOO....I filled in my whole composition with conversations (they even rhymn k. I'm doing the right stuff!). Lets see. If I wasn't wrong an extract sounded like this...
"sis....whats going on?"
"how would I know? DO I look like the driver to you? Maybe they hate you and want you off this train"
"sis...I'm serious!"
"well, so am I! But perhapes this is a new train line and the driver got lost."
And this went on and on for 1 full page. Oh how the teacher will be bored to death=)
Anyway, bummer number 2 came from my dictionary. I couldn't find mine (thank goodness for that) and had to use my sister's one...The saddest part was the dictionary was a compressed version and lacked alot of words (I sound big time user huh? Well, I AM! Imagine searching for Primary School word every 5-6 words that I write) Worse, most dictionaries have the han y ping ying of different words that go with the word. Example....Da (big) and look down the page and you can find many words related to Da..such as Da Bian (Jan...I predict you'll be using this word soon k?). Well, this book has such related word seraches. But without the han yu pin ying. And HOW am i SUPPOSED TO KNOW which one I AM LOOKING FOR..IF I CANNOT READ IT??!?!???! Haha. And there you have it. Classical example of why I am still 1 in 5 students STILL taking chinese in TJC.
And recently, I have been having some really weird dreams about this weird girl. Haha. No serious. She doesn't look exactly very pretty but she has those looks that I seriously like. You know..everyone likes a particular girl with a certain look...Like what attracts a male to like this particular female out of some many females whom he sees everyday? Haha. Something like that la. But the interesting part was I really felt very happy in my dream! LoL. Everything justs seems right. Besides, she is really such a nice person. And then...I have to wake up and start feeling very lonely. Sighz. And what i wish to say is....WILL YOU PLEASE stop bothering me at night?? I hate to wake up feeling sad and lonely. And you are really too nice to be true. Hey. dreams are NOT real. So please....leave me alone!
PS: Jan......you praise me too much. I'm really telling you. one day you'll be sayng that I judged Ian wrongly. That you take back what you said. And lastly, I am not nice. I am just TRYING to be nice. =) There is a big difference you know.
Sunday, September 14, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment