Saturday, September 27, 2003

My father asked me a very interesting question on the way back from the temple. "Ian. Do you find any girls in your school pretty?" This was a stunner. I knew he was curious as to who I had a particular taste for since I never mention about my crushes in front of him EVER!! "Of course la duhz!!! But not from badminton one so you'll probably not know her" was my replt after some hestitation. "So did you know her?" I was thinking..what the?!?!?! Of all times to ask....in the car with my mom and my SIS present??? "Of course I didn't know her la!! What am I supposed to do?? GO and get to know her???" "Then?? At least just a HI also can mah" There you go. My bravado father who is just the total opposite of me. It really makes me wonder what the hell went wrong inside my mother's stomach. Oh well....freak of nature I guess. Quoted from Discovery Channal "Sex repairs the genes." I guess, they missed out on saying it may also cause adnormalities in certain people. Anyway, DAY 1 of my 9 day vegetarian diet passed by without issue. The only problem with vegetarian food is it never seems to fill you up and eating just 3 meals a day is in itself a challenge. And mind you, I'm not out to starve myself just yet. Due to some religion thingy, I volunteered to eat vegetarian for 9 days and as a symbol of that, I get to wear this yellow ribbon around my left wrist! It looks cool!! Partially coz I like yellow too=)

And today, I received my enlistment letter for the ARMY. Its the one thing about being a Singaporean. That all males must sacrifice 2.5 years of their life in learning how to defend their country (lets hope I don't REALLY have to do it. Know what I mean??) And my enlistment date is on 16th Janaury. Hello ARMY goodbye 2.5 years of my last teenage years. I looked at the road map to see where in the world I was supposed to report to. Hey...this looks familiar....Armada Country Club...NTUC pasir Ris Chalet...Noooo. It coudn't be. I was going to be joining those unfortunate souls who meet at Pasr Ris Interchange and depart to Pulau Tekong on those chartered buses? Oh MAN!!!!!! I knew my time would come and I have always pitied those men in green. In a few months I guess I'll be wallowing in self-pity and join them to take that next chartered bus to TEKONG!!! But oh well, the good thing is..when everybody will stink the train on the way back home, I'll be WALKING home!!! Haha.

Anyway Aaron, I know you don't wana download songs and I cannot give you the link to this page but....here is a song to cheer you up. Found it today thanks to my sister and I thought that it would be best to dedicate it to you right now. And about the AC honour night? The teacher deserved to be hanged. But getting a merit instead of colours award doesn't make you any less of a person. I said these words to you just now but I didn't know whether you heard them or just ignored them because you are depressed. But I'll etch them here so that I may remember what I said to you=)

Hilary Duff - So yesterday

So yesterday..
So yesterday...
So yesterday....

You can change your life
(if you wanna)
You can change your clothes
(if you wanna)
If can change your mind
Well that's the way it goes

But I'm gonna keep your jeans
And your old black hat
('Cuz I wanna)
They look good on me
You're never gonna get them back

At least not today
Not today
Not today, 'cuz

If it's over let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
I'm just a bird
Thats already flown away
Laugh it off
Let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be ok

Ha!
Okay

You can say you're bored
(If you wanna)
You could act real tough
(If you wanna)
You could say you're torn
But I've heard enough

Thank you
You've made my mind up for me
When you started to ignore me
You won't see a single tear
It isn't gonna happen here

At least not today
Not today
Not today, 'cuz

If it's over let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
I'm just a bird
Thats already flown away
Laugh it off
Let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be ok

If you're over me
I'm already over you
If it's all been done
What is left to do
How can you hang up
If the line is dead
If you wanna walk out
I'm a step ahead
If you're moving on
I'm already gone
If the light is off
Then it isn't on

At least not today
Not today
Not today, 'cuz

If it's over let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
I'm just a bird
Thats already flown away
Laugh it off
Let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
Haven't you heard you're so (yesterday)

If it's over let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
I'm just a bird
Thats already flown away
Laugh it off
Let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday
So yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be ok

No comments: