Had a rather interesting day today. First off the itinerary was a date with my physics tutor. What a way to start off my day. Lunch, a bath and then the pleasure of having him gut my physics for the next one and a half hours. And gut it he did! I am so unprepared for tomorrow's physics papers. But during tuition, he did ask a rather interesting question even though everybody has been asking me this question. "If you can go to Safsa (the army sports unit or something), will you want to go there?" Lets seee.....technically, I have reasons for wanting to go in and reasons for not wanting to go in.
Reasons for wanting:
1. It will definitely be slacker than normal ARMY (trust me. I'm a weakling)
2. I really miss badminton. REALLLYYY!
3. I'll get a dream army post that most people can only dream about. A Storeman.
Reasons for not wanting:
1. I'll have nothing to talk about my army experience. WHile all my friends will be bitching about their platoon and their experiences, I'll be bitching about my coach.
2. It could get bloody boring
3. I'll make a safe bet that the people who are going to be inside are the people whom I suspect will be inside and the people whom I think will be inside has never liked me and probably never will.
4. I have no gurantee that I'll be inside.
5. Army's supposed to make faggots like me become men (yeah right)
Anyways, judging by the circumstances, sometimes I really hope to go to some combat unit and sometimes I really hope to go to Safsa. But oh well........I'll believe in fate just this once.
And proceeding nicely on with my day, there is this wonderful anniversary cum birthday dinner for both my aunty and her husband=) You know..shared birthday party? Anyway, I donned some PURE BLACK T-shirt and some really super baggy pants that my sister got me from Hong Kong (though I deny I like it, I actually love the pants=Þ thanx). Well, I THOUGHT I looked alright until my father glared at me and said "we are going to an ANNIVERSARY cum Birthday dinner?"
"Erm..so??"
"You are wearing black you know...."
"Oh..right. Well....Black matches grey pants so....and it looks presentable mah"
AT THE RESTAURANT:
Again proving that I am NOT a socialable person, I was like an ice out of the freezer. Early on during the dinner, I could only manage smiles and nods and one word replys when my relatives quizzed me on my daily life. For a whole 30 minutes, this went on. And I barely ate anything because I didn't really dare to venture out and help myself to the CHINESE buffet. But it got better as the dinner progressed. I even learnt a few helpful tips on how to look like your are eating ALOT when in actual fact, you aren't. The answer, help your family members gets loads of food. They'll see you bringing in LOTS of food but you are never actually touching any of those. Haha. And another observation, the YEO family sure feeds the females well=) Haha. Half way through the dinner, I was the 2nd to stop eating and while later, my 2 uncles joined me as well (that makes 1 guy and 6 ladies still eating). Of course, the guys (excluding me) brought the girls food, food and more food. ANd they ate it all! I was impressed. They even ate more than me! I was shamed. But at least it shows that the YEO family doesn't let their females starve. Haha. Right. Anyways, I was having ALOT of fun playing with my 2 little cousins late on in the dinner and I heard them talking about NEOPETS!!! Haha. Ahem. And thus, I knew I had to do it. I asked
"So much much do you all have?"
"2000np!"
Her sister replied "wah so much ah. I only got 1200np"
And we talked about neopets for a while more before their father chipped in
"Ian. You also play neoopets ah?"
"Ayyyy. Ya. Used to ba. Last year when I was in Year 1"
Haha. The conversation went on for just a while more before...I told their father that I would give them my accoutn since I wasn't playing it anymore=) And I wrote down my username and password on a paper and handed it over. Haha. I really hope I made those 2 extremely happy. I could already imagine one of them going to school and telling her friends that she now has 3 million np and another 10 million worth of stuff=)
Monday, September 22, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment