Sunday, August 03, 2003

Well, my day went as I predicted yesterday. Well that is of course with the exception of me spending 3 hours there! Its impossible! And it was really really obvious how I'm really not much of a social person dispite me trying to be all friendly and diplomatic. Of the odd 200 words that I spoke in the 3 hours I was there, 60% were greetings of uncles and aunties. Another 30% was spent telling people that "no...my badminton sucks and so does my studies." while the last 10% was reserved for saying "no thanks" to all sorts of things. And you guessed it. I spent 3 hours sitting down at a table in a corner reading my Times magazine like it was the hippiest magazine EVER when in actual fact, I was dead dead bored. Of course, there was the open Karaokay session with LOTS and I mean LOTS of old folks there who were belting out hit songs from the Golden 60s. Sighz. Just another day when everyone there thinks that I am the world's most DAO person and possibly the world's most Attitude Problem (AP) person there. This was as usual, further enchaned by a few people there who were the total opposites of me. There was Romeo (19/02) who was affectionally called Romeo by me because after coming from a SINGLE SEX school (CHS) to TJC, he has been a super hit with the ladies. I have never seen him in school without a girl by his side and I have to say that I am extremely puzzled by how he does it (obviously, I am jeolous as well). Besides Romeo, there was my cousin who was going around being friends with practically EVERYBODY and not forgetting all the other people around my age who were eating, laughing and having a ball of a time. Argh. No matter how hard I try, i am just unable to try to open up. Its a really ardious task to actually open my mouth and start a conversation with somebody and MAINTAIN it. I mean it. I wish I was more of a social person with much better social skills. This way, perhapes people won't look at me as the AP kia or the DAO boy. Haha. Oh well.....perhapes its just me.

No comments: