Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I know. This is a very bad time to blog. Not only am I blogging in the dark, I am blogging at the risk that I may be caught using the computer illegally and that would be very very bad indeed. But its ok. I'm too happy! Haha. A good one hour ago, I have just watched one of the most memorable shows that I think I'll ever watch. And that show is...Mary Poppins! Laugh at me if you want but I really think that the show is one of the nicest shows ever made=) It was interesting really. This morning when I was sleeping in my father's car on the way to school, I suddenly thought about the show Mary Poppins. It felt very strange indeed as I have not watched it before in my entire life and my mother seldom made faint recollections of the movies of her time. Anyway, I brushed the thought aside and after coming home in the evening, I did something that was so unlike me. Instead of turning to my computer, I say myself in front of the TV and started "channal surfing". And that was what I found very strange. I started surfing the SCV channals 2-10! (My usual channals are 12 for Discovery, 19 for my anime on AXN, 33 for Disney and 35 for Cartoon Network). And incredibly, I stopped at channal 5 (Central) and it was showing some really oldies stuff. Or so I thought. No matter, I had absolutely no idea at all why I just put the remote down and started watching it. Haha. And call it coincidence, it turned out to be Mary Poppins! I didn't know it at first as I started watching it when it was abt 1/3 into the movie and they were singing this song that was somehow really nice. And thus, I continured watching. It was only after the advertisement that I knew it was Mary Poppins! LoL Imagine my happiness. I found the show really "high class" in a way. The english that the characters used were very very polished and refined. Even the way the actors behaved potrayed a very up society kind of thing. It was a little hard to get into the story at first but after the first 10 minutes, I guess I was hooked. Hee. WHat made the show very interesting was the way it was done. It was sort of a musical as well as a show. Not quite sure how one would describe such a show. But I could give examples. Think along the line of "My fair lady" and "Evita" both of which are musicals but pales in comparism to Mary Poppins. Haha. Even now, I still have no idea what type of an audience it is being catered to. It has a children appeal and yet it is professional enough to pass off as an adult film since some of the contents would have been very hard for kids to grasp. But still, the musicals were very very wonderfully done. Even without the use of computers and special effects, Disney has organised the songs very well. It seems each song carries meaning as in..the characters converse using songs. And the choice of words were very clever and even rhymes! Plus the dancing sequences by Bert and his fellow erm "chimmey" men were very very spectacular indeed. Haha. Ahhh. And lets not forget "Supercalifrajalisticexpialidocious!!!!" Haha. I really hope that I'll have the chance to watch the show again from the beginning. To ANY of you reading this. Go watch it. Even if you don't appreciate shows like thiis, I promise that this show will just make you laugh and be merry. Haha. ANd that explains why I even bothered to log on at this hour. Julie Andrews rocks!

No comments: