Wednesday, August 13, 2003
Wah. Got D7 for my chinese again. And yet, this time around, I ACTED happy about it. Haha. No use telling people how sad you are just for some symphaty points. Might as well act as if I couldn't care less. That I AM a busy man and chinese is so not part of my life. Chinese aside, my life isn't going too well too. I went back to the Year 1's badminton training yesterday. I felt the familiar "solemn" mood that have made me dislike the badminton team last year. Ahh. Some things will never change under Boon. But it was fun to be back. Was fun to see the Year 1s again. And it was certainly fun that Jackson came back too. Haha. And yesterday, training was given a much needed injection of life. According to the Year 1s, yesterday was the first time they played games instead of doing drills. But the most interesting part about yesterday was........our small chit-chat with the coach Mr You. Haha. Started with Jackson and I standing outside the hall contemplating retaining. Yeap. I was even more afraid of my A Levels than Jackson was. I won't go into the nitty gritty details about it but the thing was Mr You came out. And like a knight in shining armour, he came to save the day. Haha. He told us alot about his life story and alot about his take of life in particular. Haha. And yes, again, I was touched. I worry that I am not worried enough. I worry about whether I'm worrying about thie right things. But he said that I worry too much. He said that worrying will not solve anything. He said that worrying about the future will not change it. He said that the world is constantly changing. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? He said that all we have is now. He told us to take what we have now and do what we can now. Tomorrow will take care of itself. He told me in particular that it doesn't matter whether I am smart or not. Whether I can study or not. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. We just have to try our best and follow the path in life that will let us make use of our strengths. His example was himself. He said he was only an 'O' Level certificate holder. And yet, he is managing well in life. Better than some graduates and better than many people. He said that was because he went for the path in life that made use of his strength. His badminton. I guess he is a very confident person. Not many people dare to go against the flow. Back when everyone was aiming for a degree, he was persuing a career in badminton as a national player. Haha. I know. I have not even dared to think of taking up badminton as my career. The risks are just too high. Anyway, I have to go now. Till then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment