Monday, August 25, 2003

It started with a sneeze. And another one and another one. I blew my nose hoping that it was just some little dust specs flying about in my room. A good 20 minutes later and a few "wet" handkerchieves later, I knew that I was suffering from some sinus attack. Even after medication, my running nose did not subside and on Saturday, I came down with scratchy throat and an even worser running nose. It was bad. I knew I should have insisted on going to the doctor but I was too lazy to even suggest it. By Sunday, it hasn't improved and I was off to the the doctor. But perhapes it was a little case of "too little, too late" senario where his medications didn't particularly help much. By Monday, the phlegm was coagulated in my throat refusing to come out and it made breathing a bitch. Ever breath of air I took required the equivilant amount of energy a person would require to lift a 100kg weight. Carrying my bag made it near impossible to breath and of course, in the end, i was highly irritable. It made studying in the library near impossible because breathing is difficult and concentrating is even harder. Oh man. Its days like this that I seriously hate. Oh and in case I forgot to mention. My nose is still running. But everytime I blow it, nothing seems to come out. How much more irritating can that get??

No comments: