Yes I understand I haven't been blogging down for the past erm 4 days? I have been hopelessly addicted to this game that my friend lent me called Neverwinter Nights. Yes, its a really old game (at least in the gaming industry) and yes I am so dead because I haven't actually started following my original plan for Operation June Common Test. Well, to try to cut my addiction to that "stupid game", I am going to blog! First things first. On friday, I had my first tuition with my old physics tutor:) Yeap. he is really such a nice guy. Frank, serious and extremely focused on the task at hand. Haha. Funny thing is I could feel him observing me. Possibly some residue of doubt after that incredible 2.5 hour lecture he has given me on Wednesday I guess. Haha. He probably wants to see whether I take his words serious that night. Anyway, we went through a 2002 Prelimary Examination Physics Paper. Yeap. I could see the passion when he told me how exciting it is to do papers. Sidenote: Interestingly, he belongs to a generation that is possibly the same as my civics tutor's generation. My civics tutor is always lamenting in class how our atiitudes to studying is so different from the attitudes of her first batch of students back in 1994. She said back in her time, she would ALWAYS do her tutorials and MORE because she said she enjoyed learning new things. She said education is very intriguing. Maybe its the same feeling when I play Neverwinter Nights....just can't get enough of it (oops there I go again). Anyway, she really has this passion about education and really, when she teaches, I can sort of feel that passion around her. And that passion is somewhat present in my tutor too! Haha. Yes. I'm going to ask whats wrong with our present generation that views education as a drag..a chore...something we need in order to get on with life. Haha. Perhapes it has something to do with us being born into a rather comfortable life since young and thus we haven't experienced hardship to really appreciate the simpliest things in life..(oh dear..here I go again..) Ok..enough sidetracking. During the course of the tuition, we only managed to cover about 20 MCQs out of 30. And of the 20 MCQs, I only got 4 right. Oh man.....Anyway, after the tuition ended, he spent another 45 minutes standing outside our door talking to my father about what he should do about my studies (yes..his passion......His passion....I can FEEL IT!!!!). Argh. Well, that sort of wraps up my friday..wait. A little back tracking here. Well, its one of the first times I have heard someone say something like this. According to my friend who told me that her crush found out about her liking him, he told her something vaguely familiar to this "Forget about it happening because it's never going to happen bewteen us"..or something like that. Gee. Thats so absolutely downright mean! Anyway, whoever you are, _|_ . This remind me of the time in Secondary 4 when I tried to act smart and help my friend woo this girl. I was having a birthday party and I invited her along as well as HIM! Of course, he knows way before hand that she will be coming to the party and he decided to heed my ACT SMART advice (I still feel so bloody bad till this day). Well, my advice to him was to be BRAVE!!! Be a MAN!!! Go up to her and ask her OUT!!! Well, an advice I myself will never follow due to various reasons the most important of which is I am not a MAN and I am not BRAVE, is bad advice. But, at that time, this really seemed like sound advice. My friend fortunately or unfortunately for him is a MAN, is very COURAGEOUS, is the living definition of BRAVE and a true LEGEND in my eyes. We had BBQ at the party and he suddenly whipped out a bouquet of flowers and semi-knelt in front of her and asked her out. I was stunned. My friends were stunned. Everybody stopped and stared. My father kept cool and continued his Barbequeing (yeap..too cool. He needs some heat to thaw himself)..and the girl...the girl...She said something like I want to go into the house now. And just walked off leaving my friend there speechless. Gosh..I do NOT want to know how he felt like but I know it must have felt extremely terrible. For one, everybody has been telling him that the girl wasn't worthy of him (He is a very nice guy and she..well...I shan't comment)..and for two, I felt really really bad for suggesting to him to be brave. But the nice thing is everybody was commending him on his courage that night and yeap, he IS a true MAN. He did express sadness but he was very well composed even after taking a left and a right upper hook from Mike Tyson. Man, I'll worship you forever!! Anyway, a few months after his failed attempt of her, he got on with his love life and to date.....lets just say I wish to be like him ANYDAY!
Ok..after concluding Friday, I guess I am supposed to move on to Saturday? Haha. Saturday is erm a little interesting but I guess I won't dwell on it much. Sunday was extremely boring...well, not quite THAT boring..I was playing Neverwinter Nights!!! Haha. And finally, today! I have just finished taking my AO Level chinese paper and I'm quite sure I'll either get another D7 or hopefully (PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEEE) a C6. The difference between a C6 and a D7 is IF I manage to enter a local university, i would be required to take a course on chinese and pass it. I do NOT want to see chinese any longer in my life, so PLEASE give me a C6!!! Well, for the first time in my JC life, I really did the paper seriously. Even though I only brought my usual arsenal of 1 pen and 1 liquid paper, I really thought really hard about how to write my composition. i mean, in the past (especially during chinese lessons) I would have taken an average of 50 minutes to finish a composition because I just wrote what came to mind without even planning and without even doing the proper phrasing. It is sort of a direct translation from english to chinese and the chinese does sound funny! Haha. Anyway, wish me luck that I do PASS! Haha. I'll probably end here for now. i am forced to go to one of my badminton friend's birthday party later and I'll probably update my blog when I do get home. till then..
Monday, June 09, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment