After wtahcing Anger Management I have realised that anger represents itself in many forms apart from the most obvious of which is people who express them by totally losing control. This was of course aided by Adam Sandler in the show who played a super duper nice guy but has an anger problem. I was stunned. How can a guy like him whose always saying sorry and always giving in to others have anger in his system? Well, acording to his anger therapist, he claimed that Adam Sandler was suffering from Inplosive Anger meaning that instead of venting anger outwardly, he vents the anger on himself. Haha. According to this website, there are 8 types of anger. And here is an extract from their website.
1.Volatile anger -- comes and goes, builds to rage, explodes as physical or verbal aggression
2.Judgmental anger -- critical statements are made which belittle, shame, or correct other, done with disdain
3.Passive anger -- expressed indirectly through sarcasm, or being late, or avoiding a situation
4.Overwhelmed anger -- arises when people can't handle their life circumstances, and lash out to relieve stress or pain
5.Retaliatory anger -- directed to a person to get back at them for something that they did or said
6.Self-inflicted anger -- may result in hurting oneself emotionally or physically -- negative self-talk, starvation, eating or drinking to excess
7.Constructive anger -- using anger to make some positive difference, such as becoming involved in a cause or movement for positive change
8.Chronic anger -- ongoing resentment toward others and life in general
So. Lets see. I know my dad suffers from..(1). Haha. And I think I know which anger I suffer from too. So which anger are you in?? Haha
Tuesday, June 24, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment