Thursday, June 12, 2003

Its interesting how life goes. How some things work out while others don't. How you are able to click with some people while you can't click with others. How some people despite all their niceness puts you off while others being mean and such still somehow appeal to you. Yeap. Jan, I have finally decided to write a little story about my father and my mother. Interestingly, its about how my father chased my mother. Haha. Yeap. His love story...a story I was only able to get from my mother because my father repeatedly makes jokes like "She was begging me to marry her" and "She was madly in love with me". Haha. Let me start by telling alittle bit about my father. My father is a very generous person (family brought up), and he is an extremely nice and helpful person. I've seen him help others before and I've always wondered why he goes to such ends to help a person whom he just calls a friend. Well, maybe its because he is just a nice person like that. Or maybe he hopes that when he needs help the person will return the favour. Or maybe he just believes in this chinese saying that I believe in now "shan you shan bao, er you er bao". My father also has alot of charisma. He makes friends with my friends more easily than me. He knows most of the badminton girls way before I even get to say "hi" to them. In fact, its like he is helping me to make friends. Most females who don't talk to me on IRC get to know about me through..my father..Haha. Ok. And my mother? Well, I would say i am more like my mother. My mother has poor social skills. She is a very shy person (well, at least in the past), and doesn't make friends easily (yea...I probably inherited that from her). But my mother is also an extremely forgiving person whose much less temperamental than my father is. Yeap. 2 extremely opposite characters. My father and my mother. I would never have expected anyone like that to get married in a million years. Too much differences to sort out. Too much conflicting point of views. But my father did it. He was working in OUB and it was his first job. Call it infatuation/crush/love at first sight. Whatever it was, my father fell for my mother when he met her. She was also working for OUB at that time...hmm. I suddenly decided that its not rigth to write about my parents love life so openly here. Sorry. But thats all I can say. But my question remains. Why do some people click and others don't. My friend calls it "natural disposition". Others call it "nature"..I choose to use the word "fate".

No comments: