Sunday, June 15, 2003

Finally watched Finding Nemo with my family. My sis was the first one to ask me to watch it but I was going "noooo I don't want to!!" Oh well, I have this lame philosophy in life. If you say no at first, there is always room to turn around and say yes. But say yes, and you are obliged to follow through with whatever you said yes to. So, recently I have taken a big No stance and later going through with a yes. It really stinks as I decided only at the last minute to follow my family to watch Finding Nemo and after all of them had more or less giving up asking me to go. SIghz. Well, if I was to give the show a rating out of 5, I'll give it a 3. It has really really pretty animation (I'm serious). Pixar Animation Studios have really outdone themselves this time and spared all their attention to detail. From the reflection of light off Marlin's orange body to the wonderfully bright colourful world of the coral reefs to the 3D view of sydney harbour over looking the Opera House. Nothing is spared when it comes to detail. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a higher rating is the really really wafer thin story line. Not only is it as hard to swollow the fact that Marlin a clown fish and Dory a Regal Blue Tang managed to avoid being eaten by 3 sharks, they even made it through a whole school of jellyfish alive, and to top it all off, managed to cling to the back of a Pelican's throat to avoid being eaten and when spat out, managed to jump a reasonable distance before being scooped up by another Pelican. Wow. Clownfishes and Blue Regals are amazingly robust. Maybe next time I decide to have another aquarium, I'll fill it with some clownfishes. I faintly remembered my brief stint at co-owning a fish tank together with my sister. WIthin a week or two, most if not all of the guppies and goldfishes we thrown in were dead. Cause of death: Unknown till today. Anyway, besides this show, the rest of my day was amazingly boring and I am still feeling extremely guilty at not even touching my books today. I could go on and on blabbering aboiut how I should have studied and why I didn't. Sighz. But the thing was my parents asked my cousin over to fix some wireless internet thingy. I don;t really know what it is. I only know that my internet connection now comes from my sister's cable modem and the moment she switches off her computer, I can kiss the internet goodbye. So I guess the thing is my internet is in her hands? Haha. Possibly every brother's worst nightmare. Oh well.....

No comments: