Tuesday, June 10, 2003
Just woke up about an hour ago:) Haven't eaten my lunch and I'm still not hungry..oh well, guess its back to the 1 meal a day holiday routine. Anyway, I went to one of my badminton friend's birthday party yesterday. Truth was before the party, I wished I hadn't agreed to go. I really don't like social outings sometimes because this particular one is somewhere near Holland Road (its EXTREMELY far) and because I usually never did enjoy myself at these type of outings (maybe its because I have poor social skills). Anyway, I met Lisi at Paya Lebar station because she has just finished her training and it was on the way. At Dover MRT station, I was figuring out how her bag can weight 2 tons when she claimed that all she had inside was t-shirts, shorts, shampoo, shower foam (whatever that is), a towel and her shoes. Definitely defying the law for physics. Anyway, I was supposed to wait for this friend of mine who happened to be on the 6th train behind us and we had to wait almost 20 minutes for him. Argh!!!! Did I tell you that I am a seriously impatient person? Ok, that was the easy part. Now the hard part was how in the world are we going to walk to my friends house. According to Lisi, its only a 5 minute walk. Gosh. I forgot when Lisi meant 5 minutes she could actually be meaning 5 minute run or 5 KM walk. Yes. I walked and I walked and I WALKED!!!! When we finally arrived, I was exhausted. Ooh. But my friend has a very condominium. Haha. I don;t know how to describe it but its really very BIG!!! You have tennis courts, swimming pools, basketball courts, and of course squash courts. I'm sure there are other facilities but I wasn't really in the mood to do a little exploration on my own. Well, the barbeque went well enough. There was food to eat even though the fire was dying (surprisingly the fire always dies whenever I go to barbeques). After some food, a few of us went down to play basketball. Haha. Well, I learnt one thing new today. I have 0 talent in basketball. You should have seen the way I tried shooting the ball. Not only did it look awkard, it looked very very very FUNNY! Its probably like watching me shooting (Throwing) a basketball with the style, grace and stupidity of a 5 year old. Yeap. I was that horrible. Of the nearly 10 shots that I took there was 8 air balls (didn't even touch the rim nor the board), 2 that hit the board and 0 that went in. Ok. So amongst the list of sports that I cannot play, we have soccer, softball, basball and basketball. Later, i went back to eat someone and somehow ended up talking to some of the badminton girls. Well, not surprisingly, most of them agreed that I was well, dao. Haha. She said that I always dao her in school..etc..etc. But she was really nice. She taught me how to barbeque marshmellows and even made one for me. Hmm. Interesting. I never tasted barbequed marsmellows before but they are well, sort of super soft and super gooey. But still, very sweet and well, nice to eat. Haha. I also found out the hard way that honey and fish balls do NOT mix well. That same girl was coating everything on the barbeque with loads and loads of honey (including my fishball)!! Anyway, the finale was of course the cutting cake session, followed of course by phototaking sessions. I tried to carry my vice-captain on the back and well, succeeded. But boy was he heavy. Haha. It was very funny as he was like so super big sized and I was so super small sized. I was usually the one being carried...well, it was funny like that. Of course, the absolutely funnest part of the evening was when me and 2 other year ones tried to kick start a dying barbeque because they wanted finish the remaining satays. Of course, I tried the most stupid stunt of all by fanning the charcoals so hard all the ashes flew up and rendered the satays unedible (by our own standards). So, we decided to PLAY around!! See, they were very excited about what happened when you burn an entire matchbox full of matchsticks. They were hoping to see the whole matchbox ignite. They put the matchbox amongst the charcoals but the darn box just wouldn't burn. SO, my friend took the butter (now oil) and poured it over the charcoal. He promised that oil and heat would mix resulting in......supposedly fire. But nature wouldn't have it. All that came out of this stupid act was smoke and more smoke and even more smelly smoke. But the nice part was the matchbox finally burned and we got to see the box ignite with all those little flashes of lights (the match sticks were being lit up successively inside the box). It was really a pretty sight if not a pretty sick sight. The oil causght fire and yeap for a short while we were cheering as we had a very very small bonfire. The flame died out soon enough and we were bloodthristy for MORE!! So yeap, I was the one who took out the paper plate, burned it, and put it on the satays. Whoala. We have outselves a bonfire. Big time. The satay sticks caught fire and burned while the satays themselves cooked. Haha. But of course, some wise guy had to shout "what the hell are you all doing????" and took MY cup of pepsi BLUE (which was beside the barbeque pit) and doused MY fire with MY drink. This was seriously not funny at all. My pepsi BLUE!!!! My fire. Anyway, to finish the party, one lucky Year 1 by the name of Ivan got the the honour of being thrown into the swimming pool. Of course, I had no intentions of swimming and I made my leave. Swimming at night is a bad thing. Especially if you didn't bring any extra clothings and the person whose house we went to is a female. So, yeap, I took my leave with my father. I'll probably inquire some of my friend about what happened after I left. Si there you have it. A rather nice party but it won't be the most memorable one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment