Saturday, June 28, 2003

Hey. Its about 4 30 in the morning but I am have just finished watching a show titled "Bruce Almighty!!". I know that the show is a little old and the movie reviewers..well, lets just say that most of them never gave this show a great rating. Perhapes they have already been taught the lesson behind this show that I haven;t been or perhapes they were expecting it to be alot funnier since this is after all a Jim Carrey show. But contary to what many reviwers think, I think this show is very very well done. It doesn't have to be funny or anything. But the message that the show conveyed to me was...having the powers of god isn;t the answer to any of our problems. Well, a few days back, one of my friends asked me this question. "What if you could be god for 1 week. What would you do?" My reply straight away was "I would make the person whom I am in love with me." Well. According to the show, God or rather the actor playing god said "You can't mess with people's freewill." Thats perhapes why there are so many different religions in the world. But thats something else. The show taught me that the easiest way to solve a problem, was to face the problem. Not pray that the problem goes away. Quoted "Parting your soup is not a miracle Bruce. It was a magic trick. A single mom whose working 2 jobs and still finds time to take her kids to soccer practise, thats a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education, thats a miracle. People want me to everything for them but what they don't realise is, they have the power. You want to see a miracle son? Be the miracle." Whoa. I didn't know where this came from..the scriptwriters or out of some book..but it is the most well said thing anyone could have said it to convey the message across. Whatever it was, one of the things that I should have learnt a long time ago was to dare to face my problems or my fears. Praying won't help you. How I wished I watched this show before my finals that day. Perhapes then I wouldn't whine to all my friends about how scared I am. Oh well, no use looking back at the path that I have already walked. All I can do is look ahead at the path that is still dark but already paved. Ready for me to walk.=)

No comments: