Then, I thought that it was one of the wisest things I have ever done. Unfortunately for me, it actually was one of the lamest and most stupid things I have ever done. What am I talking about? Getting this so called 'love-manual' from Yu Sheng's brother. In case you have no idea (and you probably don't), Yu Sheng's brother (Yu Feng) is one of the leading experts in the art of jio-ing girls (at least to me). So, I thought about getting some tips from him about how he did it. With a notebook in my lefthand and a pen in my right, I MADE him sit down with me at Siglap Community Centre's basketball court and tell me his trade secrets.
Sidenote: After much review from my friends (amidst much laughter as well), the love manual has official been de-commissioned.
Anyways. For old time's sake and a little bit of lameness injected into my old boring blog, here is Yu Feng's love manual.
How to Jio a Girl if she is a stanger whom you have just met 10 minutes ago and instantly had this massive crush on her and swear that you'll die if you don't get her number at once.
ACT 1
1. Be brave (yes...in case you were wondering, I have been the butt of numerous jokes which stemed from Step 1)
2. Go up to her (duhz??)
3. Act cool (but in a joking manner)
4. Act Shy (contradicts step 3 since shy is NOT cool. But master Yu Feng claims that it is POSSIBLE)
5. Ask her for her number and name and INTRODUCE YOURSELF (like..hey babe. The name's Uncle Love. But you can call me Love. Whats your name sugar?)
-->According to Master Yu Feng, if the female in question is in the LEAST bit interested, she'll be silent. Otherwise, if she hates the way you look (probably coz she hates cool shy guys?), she'll walk away or shake her head or continue walking
IF SUCCESSFUL (notice the word IF in CAPITAL letters?), proceed to step 6.
6. Call her that night
7. Don't rush the conversation.
--> Master Yu Feng says the key here is TRUST. I had to let the girl trust me (by talking to her on the phone?).
Pointers for conversation included: Talking about myself, talking about her, schoolife, CCA...etc
8. Ask her for a movie
ASSUMING that all the above works (I don't know which female will buy this crap but..it worked for him)
ACT 2
1. You are SUPPOSED to buy the ticket (in advance)
2 and TREAT her (to both popcorn and movie tickets)
3. After the movie, ask her whether she wants to go to a park
--> He chose park in this case because it is often secluded but he did warn me. Do NOT attempt to do anything like holding her hands. Technically, I should gain her trust this way you see? Haha. And his thumb of rule, only attempt to hold her hands during subsequent meetings.
Okok. to end it before everyone of you dies of lameness or boredom, Master Yu Feng actually got himself a girlfriend using this (the above) method. The wonderful part? He was 3 years younger than me. This love manual has actually been in my handbook for months (since say..July 2003) and no one bothered. I can't say that I planned to follow his methods because Uncle Love unlike Master Yu Feng believes in MASS buayaing rather than singular targets. It wastes too much effort and the success rate is higher this way. Anyways, when it was discovered by one of my close friends, I suddenly became the butt of many 'jio girls' jokes which was honestly funny and I admit it lifted some of the gloom from studying.
I celebrated my father's birthday today. Family time. I never did hear that word often back in the past. Back in Junior College, I mostly avoided eating togeter with my family because I wanted my own space. Simple things like having a meal together. Sitting in the car together. Watching the TV together. Things which I took for granted in the past. I realised the value of these once insignificant things. I know that family time should be treasured. I have friends who tells me this. I have read books which preaches this. But there is a difference between knowing and understanding. I guess I only learnt to understand the value because it is going to be taken away from me. And it always is the case. Of how we fail to appreciate the simple things in life before they are taken away from us.
Haha. Actually, there isn't really much that I can say. I don't know how often I can update this stupid blog (if at all). I don't even know whether I'll be in the mood to blog later today. SO, while I am at it, heres to everyone who reads my blog. Heres to another chapter in my life. Heres to hoping that I become a better person. And finally, heres to hoping all my friends now will still be my friends 2 years later. See you in university (if I can get in of course)!
*raises my mug of water to toast everyone (still couging. can't drink cold beverages)*
Thursday, January 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment