Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I stumbled upon this 'amazing' site while surfing the web. Click here to visit the website. Haha. As you can see, I am still left puzzling over how Americans take their divorces so lightly! Besides, their rates of divorce are simply phenomenal. And considering that I am hoping that I get married in future, I'm wondering why those lucky Americans want to even get divorced. Sheese....

I went to the temple at waterloo street today with Yu Sheng. Yes. i am really thankful that I have a friend like him whose also quite devoted to his religion. This time, I didn't ask about my love life (in case any of you were wodnering). I simply went there to ask for peace during my Army. To pray that I am taken care of. That no harm would come upon me. Alright..moving on before my blog becomes a prayer blog, I then met my friends for swimming. Darn. We had initially agreed to go to the movies! But what the heck. Its better not to kick up a fuss about something so trivial. AT least this time, I wasn't the perpetrator. And in my case (at least for now) I find it much easier to forgive people than to seek forgiveness from others. But what am I ranting about? Sheese.

And just a random thought. Two and a half years from now. How many friends will I still have who kept in contact with me. I'm quite sure the 7 of us will still be together. I'm also quite sure Aaron Tan and Li Si will still be my friends. And thats as far as I could think. Two and a half years later, I'll only have 8 close friends left. The rest would probably 'degenerate' into normal friends or mere acquaintances. Wait. I would even lose contact with possibly half the people whom I know. Much about the same way I lost all my primary school friends save for 2. Sighzzz. It is indeed a bleak thought. But since I am a simple minded person, I'll leave everything up to fate.

Its interesting how different people have different tastes in music. Similarly, different people also have different tastes in food, clothings..etc. I ahve no idea what makes us like the things we do but I would sure love to find out. It has to be genetically coded since no one can FORCE you to like eating bittergourd and no one can persuade you to enjoy classical.

Why does music have the ability to affect your mood? Now isn't this interesting. Listen to classical music and you'll feel calm. Listen to disco and you'll feel like dancing. Listen to pop and you'll feel like....well popping? But the point I am trying to make is..what on earth is music such that it can tamper with our mood? Anyways. I would also love to know the answer to that question.

I 'acquired' a taste for techno and dance music back when my father bought Titanic Dance (remember that CD that had one of the first dance re-mixes for the ever popular My Heart Will go On?). Nah. I didn't like techno then. But as I listened to it, I realised that great techno music had the ability to make me much happier than normal pop. In a way if I use drugs to illustrate what I mean, Estacy would represent pop music and Heroin would represent Techno music. Perhapes it was because Techno was much more intense than pop. Perhapes techno emphasizes more on music than lyrics while pop is the other way around.

And a thing or two I could try in the army. Visit the medical doctor at my camp. Complain that I cannot sleep. Usually, doctors will prescribe sleeping pills in CONTROLLED amounts. But I doubt that army doctors have the ability to prescribe such pills because of army protocols and because they aren't really qualified doctors. So I could try private doctors who cares little about what they are prescribing so long as they make money out of it. And wouldn't it be fun if I could accumulate all the pills together and on a bad day take say...15 pills in one go to see how long I'll be out cold. Probably forever. Unless the damn things get flushed out of my stomach within the hour. A peaceful way to sleep don't you think?

No comments: