I'm alone. Solitary at home. Its this feeling of loneliness that I so hated and longed to forget in the past. But if I were to have a say about how my final holidays were before I enter NS, I would have to say that it is my best holiday to date:) However, its almost unfair to compare this holiday to the so many others that I have had considering that this is the first holiday in almost a decade that I didn't have to even think about going for badminton training. Haha. Ya. Don't remind me about badminton training during holidays. It was nightmar-ish. The thought of my father dragging me out of bed in the morning. The thought of seeing my coach's ugly face in the morning (especially if its BOON's face). And the thought of perspiring and getting all sticky and yet (I hate that feeling!). And whats worse? I'm going to re-live this nightmare all over again in the ARMY...its just say..alittle different from my typical nightmares coz the person hollering at me to wake up ain't going to be my dad....BUT some platoon mate. The perspiration isn't going to be on my badminton t-shirt but on my ugly army fatigues. And my coach? Thankfully its not ugly Boon but probably some uglier Army officer. SIghz. Ohh what can I say? Life is definitely looking up for me!
But, to briefly recap what I have done this holidays so that if ever I find my holidays meaningless (definitely next year and the year after next), I can always look back 1 year and see that hey..at least there were good times...ONCE (literally). Lets see. I have went out with alot of different people. Guess I shall list the more memorable ones.
Kai Quan who was my Primary school buddy:) Been nice meeting catching up with you after all these years.
Li Si who had to tolerate the horrible sinus that i had that day unfortunately. SOrry la!
Christina whose the 2nd female person I know who actually likes the arcade!
And the people who actually went to watch Brother Bear with me! (I thought no one around my age will want to watch it!)
My cousin who agreed to watch Lord of The Rings with me even though he watched it once already.
And possibly Aaron Tan tomorrow because going out with him is always enjoyable:)
And speaking of my cousin. SOmetimes I like to think that I don't have a backbone. Too often I try to mould myself into the person whom I totally respect. Past examples whould include Shain Pin (my former badminton captain) and my cousin!! But both of them have one common trait. They are both one of the nicest people I have ever met! Haha. And Shian Pin is one of the funniest guys I have met too! His jokes are not those 'lame' funny. He is just naturally funny! And I so want to be funny! SIghzz. And my cousin? Besides being nice, he is one of the most caring persons I have ever met. And till today, he has always backed me up. The most extreme phrase from young till today being "if EVER someone bullies you (even in army), give me a call". Haha. And he is still single?? I Still kinda can't believe it. And I know he is those type of people who means what he say. Pretty amazing when you dare to say that and mean it. And I know that I, being such a coward, will always RUN FROM a fight. Ya. Sad man. Wonder how I'm going to get a gf if I won't even dare to protect her. Sheese. The reason why I wondered whether I am copying others is because sometimes...I feel that I am just not myself. I'm just a clone. Copying someone else. Speaking other people's words. Giving other people's advice. SIghz. It sounds weird. But really...perhapes its because I'm afraid to be myself? But thats even weirder. SIghz. Don't mind me.
ANd finally. New Year's Resolution. Everyone seems to have them. And my last year's resolution? If I wasn't wrong, last year's resolution was to be a nice person. But the sad part was. I am the same person last year as I was this year. Damn. So maybe this year's resolution would be like....erm not to break last year's resolution? Hmm sounds good to me! Haha. But seriously...if ANYONE has any idea on what resolution I should have, please DO tell me. I have like the whole of my ARMY days to change:) I will!!!
Tuesday, December 30, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment