Oh wow. Meet the parents session didn't go so bad for me after all. My economics teacher was all ready to tell my father about how inattentive I am during lession, how I always skip her tutorials and how lethargic I am everyday. BUT, to my astonishment, all my parents saw were my civics tutor:) I cannot tell you how relieved I am right now. Yayyyyy!! I am actually spared.
Ok. But the next part I am going to write about is about my afternoon friendly match against my secondary school. It started out well enough with me being 30 minutes early!! This is like so not me. To my knowledge, I am never a punctual person. Ok..enough about punctuality and stuff. When I reached my secondary school, I just felt so happy. Haha. I practically know almost all of the male players and for I don't know why but I seem to get along pretty if not quite well with them (maybe its because they respect me as a senior). Of course, the match started soon enough and I had to play against one of my pretty good friends.Okok, to simplify things I'll call him Kelvin. See, the thing is Kelvin wanted to play with me and I was glad that his wish had sort of come true for him. That was until I saw his parents walk in. Ok. See, Kelvin has an older brother Calvin. Calvin, Kelvin and I met each other when I was in Primary 5 when I went to the same training camp. Calvin and I had this crush on the same girl back then and thats how I got to know about Calvin and his younger brother Kelvin. After the camp, we crossed paths once again when I joined the sports association that Calvin was in. I was pretty ostracised back then because the people in the association only made friends with people who are sort of their click. And I don't intend to be part of their snobbish click who looks down on others and think so highly of themselves. However, Calvin remained my friend and eventually, we became good friends. I also had a chance to meet Calvin's parents and his brother Kelvin. They are very nice people who are humble and down-to-earth kind of people. However, Calvin's parents were very serious about Calvin's training. No matter how well Calvin or Kelvin played, their father would always manage to spot some mistakes in their game and they would receive scoldings as a result. I know that Calvin's parents has their way of educating their children and I respect that. But when I played with Kelvin, Calvin's younger brother if you are pretty confused my now, I knew that if I won Kelvin, his parents would fry him. However, if I played horribly and lost to Kelvin or gave him alot of points it would 1. Make my badminton teacher super angry and I don't want that to happen. 2. affect the team morale. 3. Make Kelvin feel horrid because he will know that I didn't give it my all. SIghz. So in the end, because of my selfishness, I managed to win Kelvin. And Kelvin did get scolded by his parents. And I really felt very bad about the whole thing because I hate to win my good friends. SIghz....anyway, another of one of my good friends (who is also my teammate) lost to one of the juniors. He was pretty disappointed with the result and when he told me about it, I changed the subject and tried talking about more pleasant stuff. Sighz. I know I am a super bad person for not cheering him up. But I already felt quite sick of cheering people up when honestly I know I am not much of an advisor and with the way I felt after winning Kelvin, I was seriously sick of the friendly. But thankfully, the joyful mood that I had brought with me into my secondary school resurfaced and I started mixing around with my juniors whilest waiting for the friendly to end. So technically, it wasn't that bad a day. But I had to admit. It is pretty boring when I had to wait for 2.5 hours playing my match for the rest of my teammates to complete theirs.
PS: Names have been changed and altered in respect of my friends privacy
Saturday, April 26, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment