Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Ninja Assassinated himself

I've never before seen a movie so badly made. Even the worst movie review I have ever seen (Straits Times 1/2 star for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) actually looked great compared to this junk. Allow me to elaborate.

Rain, aka Korean Hunk, hearthrob to legions of dying female fans and the one man most Singaporean aunties would want to have children with (Aunty Killer) stars in this movie. It is about a secret ninja whose part of a secret clan to do secretive assassinations. After staining his pearly white hands with the blood of countless politicians, druglords, gangsters, he balked at killing one of his 'own' and vowed to destroy his own clan. And we all know, RAIN NEVER LOSES. His babe in question is Naomi Harris. Not Naomi Watts nor Naomi Campbell but Naomi Harris. Who the fuck is that?

Anyone familiar with the term Chekhov's Gun? This movie committed Chekhov's Gun so many times, I lost count. Introduces Rain's blindfold training but not a single battle scene utilizes this 'technique'. Whips Rain's feet during stealth training but he never uses it again. Introduces the 9 clans but we only ever get to see 1?

What else is missing? How about random philosophical babblings which not only sound lame but doesn't drive the story? Check. Turning Rain's chiseled body into a makeup artist playground? Check. Uses more fakeblood than an entire season of CSI NY and Miami combined? Check.

I watched this movie free because of my friend's free movie passes. I checked my watch TWICE because I couldn't wait to get out. Don't waste 2 hours of your life like I have.

No comments: