Saturday, December 05, 2009

Doubling my entries

Within the past week, my entries are double what I posted over the past 2 years.

Now I have nothing against blogging. Sites like kennysia.com brings a smile (and a chuckle) to my face and I have eternal respect for those people willing to sacrifice a part of their privacy to public scruntiny. I'm not like that.

I am of the believe that many people do not realize the costs of posting personal information online. Yes, job recuiters are performing background checks on potential employees through their facebook accounts, blogs, twitters and myspace and I believe its only a matter of time before Singapore (being the BIG BROTHER-ly island that we are) catches on. You have been warned.

So why do I continue to post? That's because sometimes I simply have no where else to turn to. Its times like this that makes me maybe understand why people turn to the bottle and to the pills or lots of both.

Its funny how it works. "its bad for you. don't do it. Don't ruin your life. Its not worth it" The selfish bastards who dare mouth these words. Thinking that as long as they are on top of their mighty pedestals, they can pass judegement on all mortals who pass before them. Its wrenching when you consider that perhapes the pain is so great, turning to temporary reprieves provide them with the means to continue living. Think about it.

So, I'll continue typing no matter how pathetic I sound. I'm not ashamed of my feelings. This to me is proof that I am alive.

No comments: