Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Darkness is overwhelming

I always find it intriguing when I watch animes, films, serials, dramas. One or more of the underlying themes is always regarding the fight between good and evil, light and darkness. See I have been conditioned to believe that light is good. Darkness is evil. But then, in this world there is a delicate balance between everything.

Good cannot exist without evil because good is defined as being the very opposite of evil. If you take away evil, good does not exist. Darkness on the other hand is not the opposite of light. In fact, darkness exists in the absence of light. It requires energy to produce light. It requires absolutely nothing for darkness to creep back in.

My heart feels dark. For the past few days I've been struggling to find even a sliver of light in my life. But maybe I've been looking from the wrong perspective. Whose to say that darkness is not the way out. What if embracing the darkness makes me stronger. If doing the good deed, walking the high road so is the right way, why is it so hard to do? If the darkness comes so fast and with such ease, shouldn't embracing it be 'good'?

Help.

No comments: