Monday, January 15, 2007

Yu Sheng's 22nd birthday today. So here is a big Happy Birthday to him:D

Went out to meet him at 12 midnight because of 2 reasons:

1. I was sick of doing AS

2. He didn't celebrate his birthday this year but I still felt that since I had the time, I might as well go down and in yusheng's words "belong to a group of those who care". As a personal side note, I am those type of people who will willingly squeeze pretty hard for my very good friends now and then just because I care.

As I was on the way there, a thought crossed my mind. If there was a standard with which I could rank my friends, what would it be? From top to bottom.

Best Friend - Probably the first one I would whine to (its a bad place to be)
Very Good Friend - I'll willingly tell him anything without feeling awkward
Good Friend (Close friend) - We have been friends for such a long period of time
Friend - You treat me as a friend
Acquaintance - 2 words. Hi...Bye...

This so looks like the army ranking system don't you think? Truth is, I don't have many good friends. That's because I don't make friends with people easily. Many people might think otherwise but the truth is I don't mix around well with people. The good news though is that I am fiercely loyal to the friends I make.

So there we were at 85 talking about life in general. Happiness and principles were the agenda of the day. It was really interesting to see how much more you can learn about another person even though you have known him for such a long time (almost 10 years). He told me that happiness for him wasn't all about money or progress in life. It was all the little instances in life that made him happy. And he proceeded to tell me how happy he was that I came all the way down from Pasir Ris even though he didn't throw a party. That I still remembered and came down personally to spend some time with him. He even gave me a slice of cake in his house! And the SMS he sent afterwards

"Hey thks for ur waist pouch and towel..I really really like them..however, ur presence today is still priceless:)"

I was damn touched can? As Yu Sheng taught me. There must be sad times in life for only then will you truely appreciate and experiece greater happiness. A fitting line to an idiot in pain. Thanks man. I really must have done something good in my past life. This pain that I am feeling now will not go away anyttime soon. That much I am sure. But from this pain, I will find an even greater happiness in my life. :D

I do not just post song lyrics for the sake of posting them. The lyrics are always reflective of my feelings. But there are rare occasions whenthe lyrics could mean more than 1 thing. Like today.

Ayumi Hamasaki - Jewel (from the album Secret)

Under the grey and square sky
Is filled with all kinds of desires today
But I don't lose sight of the light among them
And can walk, looking forward
Because you always show me
That there remains a purity even in a corner of this city

Breathing calmly, I looked at you
Who had fallen asleep, so exhausted
The sweet, unprotected profile
That no one in the world but me knows

One day when the sunlight poured and the wind blew gently
As if it were nothing special
I felt alone that something was changing in me
Slowly, firmly and surely

Though I wasn't sad at all, tears fell down
Because your feelings sank painfully into
The scar in the depth of my heart
And changed it into tenderness

If you come across deep sorrow
I wish you will share it with me
I'll be able to do anything for the smile

My precious treasure

No comments: