Saturday, January 06, 2007

Here is the problem with people. They don't often mean what they say. In Dr Gregory House's words, "everybody lies". His famous 2 word sentence which everybody whose a fan of his show has come to appreciate. In his words, the only constant amongst all humans is that they lie. And the variable is their motives for lying. Figure out whats precious to them and you figure out their motives. Figure out their motives and they'll admit to their lies. The bad news is that the show is a drama. Its not real life. They lie about anything and everything to conceal everything about themselves so that when the truth is finally unvealed, it would cause some excitment amongst us fans (suckers) of the show. Now. I'm not Dr Gregory House. The good news is that the principles he used to read people are applicable in real life. Communication 101 in SMU taught me that 60% of what you are saying ain't coming out of your mouth.

Here is my problem. I am insensitive. Let me rephase. I'm a block head. I ALWAYS take what people say to me at face value. I'm lying. I take what people say at face value not all the time but most of the time anyway. I'm impatient too. Sometimes I hate second guessing people. Deciphering what people are really trying to say. Its fun now and then. But when it gets painful then it isn't so fun after all. I'm sorry. My thoughts are a mess now. So if you don't understand this paragraph, I apologise.

No comments: