Okie. First, its official. Blogspot deleted my first few blog posts and I am NOT happy about it.
Second. Nokia 6230i rocks!! Even though I have problems installing the Nokia PC SUite (the version they gave me was even older than the version on nokia's webbie) and the corressponding DKU-2 cable, it doesn't matter. I can transfer files via bluetooth. Hooray for technology!
The 1.3 mega pixel camera isn't as good as I hoped it would be ie the pictures taken are rather grainy in bad lighting and takes up ana verage of 400Kb per shot compared to 40 Kb for a VGA camera shot. But I still like the phone alot.
And I am here to condemn two shows.
1. Madagascar. First I would like to state for the record that I have no complaints against its storyline or its music or the lines. I heard its rather good really. But I am appalled by their animation. Sure, the 3D rendering is pretty good BUT look at the way its drawn!! Its horrid!! Its like Ice Age. Nicely done graphics but its so badly drawn!! Its such an insult to the world of animation. For a fine example of 3D graphics, take a look at the Animatrix and Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within. And mind you, those were created YEARS ago.
2. Initial D. So what? Fans of Jay CHou will stone me. Go on. You know you want to. Just about the only good thing I can say about it is Jay Chou resembles Takumi Fujiwara very well. That dull, bored, lifeless anti hero look. Its him that might actually breath a little life into a very very badly done show. First, the lifeblood of any self respecting animation is the soundtrack. Fans of Initial D everywhere around the world will come to be used to their Eurobeat songs even if they don't particularly like techno. But the songs in the show are rap?!?!?! CHINESE RAP?!?! Thats like a slap on the face on the face of the animators. Secondly,the show is in chinese?!?!?! Just what were those idiots thinking? Imagine re-making "The Monkey God" In Japanese or English. Initial D is such an icon of car racing in Japan and all over the world and they are like destroying that image by doing it in CHINESE? Were the directors and script writers high on cocaine or something? I mean which IDIOT will actually watch that damn show??
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment