Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Who am I kidding. The only reason I feel so attached to the anime characters are because
1. They potray a really idealistic view on love (ie romantic stuff, alot of fate..etc)
2. I can relate to the characters (Apparently, japanese animators seem to create shy, cowardly and hum ji guys as their lead characters and sweet female characters to be his love interest)
3. I wish that my love life was like those in Ah! My Goddess (with a happy ending of course) and like those in Love Hina.

But dreams die hard. The real world can NEVER ever be like that. WHich is why people like anime so much. A potrayal of something that can never be. An escaptism (if there is such a word) from reality. Sighzz. But sometimes...you wonder. Is everything you watch in an anime "fake"? For example, there was an instance when the lead guy sort of avoided the girl for a while and even though he made known his feelings for her, she wondered whether he really meant what he said. And another insatnce when he felt really depressed coz he was sure the female in question has absolutely no feelings for him when what really happened was she needed some time to consolidate her thoughts. SO how like that? If real life is like that, must you really keep telling the female you like her? Or must you really ask her whether she likes you? or......does it just happen?

No comments: