Friday, January 06, 2006

Things just keep looking gloomier for me. It started yesterday when I went to the dentist for a filling because I noticed this huge gaping hole called a decay in my teeth. I never did like the dentist much no matter how many 'bookworm' books I read which preaches the goodness and wholesomeness of dentists. Ths point is my teeth only seem to be trouble. And trouble they are. Blame it on me, my diet or perhapes something more divine like fate or genetic disorders, but my teeth is in a very weakened state. It doesn't help that I was born with sensitive teeth. Anyway, I had 3 fillings done yesterday when the original purpose was for only 1. No offense to my dentist Dr Peggy Chan whose an excellent dentist (if I ever met one). When I went there yesterday, we exchanged pleasantries (spellcheck!) and I congratulated her on her pregnancy. However, all love was lost the moment she had a look at my teeth. It was so bad that even I was scared. I mean seriously I feel betrayed by life. She said that the decay was mostly because of my heavy intake of sugar (including anything sweet) and partly because of the way I brush. Ok, this I can't accept. Its true that while I might eat more sweets and sugary stuff than most people, it doesn't equate to me having this much decay in my teeth. Anyways I'm going to abstain from sugar for 2 months or until my next appointment.

No comments: