Saturday, December 24, 2005

To every one reading this blog now, I'll like to wish you guys a very

Merry Christmas!


Went to Casey's house today. Before leaving, he played the piano. It was simply stunning. First, he didn't need the score to play a song. Unlike other pianist who memorises scores, Casey can play a tune straight for you as long as he knows the general tune of the song. I'm not trying to promote him or anything but I was very very impressed. If anyone had talent in playing the piano, I couldn't think of a better example. Actually, to tell you the truth, I was a little envious. It didn't help much that I liked the piano alot. It also didn't help that I have zero musical abilities to speak of. If there was one instrument that I wished I picked up, it would be the piano. Yet in Casey's words "Talent so what? I still no girlfriend." In short, he is trying to say that musical talent along cannot land him and girlfriends. So what if he impresses girls, he can't win them over.

Honestly, I don't know what I am writing about this. I've been through this over a hundred times. I asked da jie "what is it that girls look for in guys". Honestly, I am impressed with her patience. If I were her, I would probably tell myself to shut the fuck up. Considering that its the umpteen time I've asked her that question. Anyway, the answer to that question is irrelavant. I just have to keep writing it here again and again and again to remind myself its not important. I guess for me, the most important thing is to strive for self improvement. Nobody is ever born equal. Anyone who says so should think alittle bit more about that. Instead of thinking about what I cannot change I should be thinking about what I can change which is myself.

And speaking of change, I faintly remember someone telling me that I'm "not as nice as I used to be". I was a little shocked and hurt back then obviously lol. But then I thought about it. Its true that I've changed. Whether its for the better or worse, I don't really care. But I do know that I'm not as 'nice' as I was before. I mean what is nice anyways. Nice has always been subjective depending on your character. But one thing important factor which I used to determine niceness was a person's willingness to help another person. In general, their personality. The more flexible and easy going there were, the easier they are to talk to, the more willing they are to listen to you, the more they are willing to do stuff for you, the nicer they are GENERALLY. If thats the case well then its true that I'm not as nice as I used to be. I won't explain, go figure. But I do realise something very important. Niceness is not the same as stupid. I realised that sometimes being too nice is really stupid because nice people generally are taken advantage of. In case you didn't notice, nice people usually give in to the 'meaner' people because they try to avoid conflict and to 'make everyone happy'. But in making everyone happy, is it wise to sacrifice your own happiness? If yes, then the nice person is indeed stupid. You only actually get to live once. How often do you intend to give in and let other people have their way. Then again, who says you must be mean to be 'smart' and who says that all nice people are 'stupid'. Actually, I think that you can be 'nice' without being 'stupid'.

Anyways, to tell you teh truth, I got carried away. I didn't know what came over me but I don't really wish to delete whatever I wrote for the past 15 mins so if you don't like what I say, ignore it. And we (my family, casey, da jie and pin) had a sumptious Christmas Eve Dinner (see pictures below). Thanks guys for making my christmas eve rather memorable:)





No comments: