Thursday, January 27, 2005

Somehow I never realized that reading could be so....well......nice. After years of reading stuff by John Grisham, Tom Clancy and Michael Crichton, I never thought that I would miss reading. Well, I didn't. Especially during JC where I was too busy doing nothing but complain about how tough JC was. But I have started reading again. It all started 2 weeks back when one of my friends in camp brought in books he borrowed for the library. Curious, I questioned him since he didn't look the sort who even read the papers let alone a thick paperback. He answer was surprisingly refreshing. "I have 5 more months before I ORD. If I can read 2 books a week, I would have read 40 books in total. Isn't that better than wasting my time here?" Inspiring. Honestly, his words woke me up. In the past, reading was for me, a way to improve my language. I learned english by reading Enid Blyton's Secret Seven. I learned most of my vocabulary and grammar from books. Call me what you wish but that was how I learned english. And I forced myself to read alot. Somehow along the way, I discovered that reading wasn't all about learning. Heck I was so sick and tired of it I ended up skipping words which were new to me (hence my limited vocabulary). Gradually I began to appreciate the stories I read. I have been so captivated by some stories that I would even slack during training to read. I'm very sure that the experience and intensity I feel from being immersed in a story can never be compared to literature students. However, I do know that I really did enjoy reading once. So I guess that I was actually quite sad when I realised that I no longer liked reading. But heck. Thats all about to change. I will start by re-reading books which were stowed away in the farthest reaches of my cupboard. Books which I once asked my dad to buy since I liked the story so much. And thats how I came across a book which I forgot exsisted. "The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks". The story is simply lovely. I realised again that novals like animes and movies have the power to captivate. I found myself wishing that I would meet a lady who could make me feel the way it is described in the book. Haha. And I know that I am captivated because stories in animes and movies and novals captivate (at least me) because they potray idealistic situations that we would all like to be in but would unlikely experience in the real world. :) Oh well. If you find me irrelavant, thats ok. But I am willing to lend the book to anyone willing to read it and return it to me.

I love my new phone. I really do. It has everything that I wanted in a phone. An mp3 player, radio fuctions, a decent camera and best of all it doesn't lag. And so today while I had 3 hours to kill before my course, I wanted to experiment with the GPRS function of my phone. I wanted to find out whether it was possible to blog with my phone. While being seated comfortably at Mc Donald's, I managed to enter bloggers website. Great. But I forgot my password. My PASSWORD! The same password which I use to access my yahoo account, my hotmail account, my msn account and my friendster account.

No comments: