Office politics. That was the story that Urban covered today. Just like the article on playboys and tall women dating shorter men, it caught my interest. When I was young, I wondered why do adults like to play politics so much. Why can't they be like us kids and treat each other nicely. If we dislike a person, we express it openly in the hope that the person will change. Till now, I can't really say that I understand why adults do the things they do since I "haven't yet been there and done that". But I have began to understand politics a little. In a nutshell, it reminds me of a card game I used to play when I was young. It was called Bluff. The objective of the game was to clear the cards on your hand. The only way to achieve that was to bluff your way through the cards in your hand. Perhapes its like poker, its just that I have never played poker before. Anyway, the person who is able to lie with a straight face and is able to manipulate the rest to play the cards he wants wins. Back to where I left off. It is rather surprising that at the end of the day, everyone they interviewed claims that while politics does get you up the ladder, its always better to climb up the ladder yourself than to pull the person on top down as you climb. Haha. How hypocritical can they get? I bet those managers they interviewed got to where they were by playing politics too. I mean do you honestly expect us to believe what you say about hard work and diligence paying off if you don't play politics? Or did you actually say that so that nieve people like us will join the workforce in future and get ripped off by management staff such as yourself? :)
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment