Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Urgh. Today was a "great"day. The very first thing that happened to me when I stepped into the guardroom was

Jason Siddons: "Ian you mother fucker! Did you know what you did yesterday?"
Me: "Huh? (obviously jolted from my semi-conscious state of mind)"
Jason Siddons: "Look at the civilian book. CV47 and CV48"
Me: "(after flipping through the book) Ya. Their signatures wrong (It was my fault that it happened by the way). I know. Soo (another clerk) told me it was ok what..."
Jason Siddons: "Not that. I 'll tell you later."

Later..... when Jason was obviously in a better mood

Jason Siddons: "You know what you did wrong?"
Me: "WHat?"
Jason Siddons: "You mixed up the 2 civilian's IC! (In short, I screwed up bad)"
Me: "Oh. So what happened?"
Jason Siddons: "What happened? They came back raging mad and fucked me! Can you even use your brain to do simple desk duty? But its ok now. At least all the passes are in order so I don't care."
Me: "So what now? Am I suspended from desk duty?"
Jason Siddons: "you ARE suspended for the morning. But its noon now. So you are allowed to do desk duty again"

How I managed to cock up so bad is really beyond me. It was really simple. Take back the visiotr pass from the civilian and return them their pink IC. Simple. But someone, I took the wrong IC from the wrong slot and shit HAPPENED. Haha. But I guess it could be worse. The punishment I got was suspension from desk duty and an extra 30 minutes of boring sentry job. And off the record, as a Regimental Police, it ISN'T part of my job to be doing desk duty. I was merely slacking in the guardroom when visitors arrived. Seeing how the clerks are busy (they have alot of shitty jobs to do), I volunteered to help out. LoL. Oh well....at least Jason also thinks that I am also being too polite in the guardroom which pisses him off immensely as usual:)

Anyways, one of my Malay friends gave me a ride in his motorcycle today. It was really nice of him considering that I am more of a liability to him. He was sent as a dispatch rider to buy some spray paints and he offered to bring me along coz he knew that I have never sat a bike before! Haha. And he probably thought. What a GAY!!! He is holding my shoulders for support!! But the sad part was his day wasn't going to well for him too. His application for an off day was rejected because off cannot be given for birthdays. He told me that he did intended to take his girlfriend out but probably has to shelf the plan for the time being. Sighz. But at least he was honest enought o apply for off rather than just be a faker and take MC.

No comments: