Friday, May 07, 2004

A really good word to describe me now is Cranky. Pardon my language. I'm not exactly in the mood right now.

Definition of cranky by some dictionary I got off the web : 1. eccentric
2. irritable
3. out of order

I would safely say that I am all 3 and MORE! And the wonderful part? I have absolutely no fucking idea why I am feeling this way. I feel like frayed wire. And possibly the cause of it? Some lame interview that apparently no one is bothering much about. Sheese. Its just an interview for god's sake. I mean so what? It may be my first OFFICIAL interview (army ones doesn't count.) and I may not have an idea of what to expect. And I remembered only today that I had an essay to write. An ESSAY! Me? You got to be joking. I haven't touched a pen for the purpose of writing expect penning down army personnel details as they booked into camp. But I am disturbed. Really I am! My father just passed me a thick stack of materials that are supposedly about accounting. A few sentences later and a million "huhs?" later, I gave up trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I was even beginning to question myself. Can I see myself as an accountant 5 years from now? Perhapes. Where? In my house doing my own financial accounts? A huge possibility. Then again, its just ONE ininterview!!! Okok. SO maybe there is another catalyst for my mood. Something like how hydrogen peroxide gives out oxygen faster in the prescence of some magnesium catalyst (I wasn't really a chem student). Its this stupid BOOK! I can't believe it. Its really nice. Its written fantastically! It makes you skip paragraphs because you can't wait to see what happens next. But it gets me super emotional in a bad way. Its about an inpending divorce. A case of a husband cheating on his wife. AND I HAD TO READ IT. But its ok. I'm calm. I'm calm. How bad can the interview go? AT least my fatehr says I do have a contingency plan. And i received a letter from NUS accepting me into their Arts and Social Science course or their Business Admin course. My mom was estatic. It was always my mom's dream for me to go to NUS. But I had already accepted Accounting in NTU which cost us $100 by the way. And my dad bears an eternal grudge against NTU because of numerous "pleasant" past experiences with NTU students (especially one who was his superior in the army). So I reckon SMU is the place to be. Ya right. I couldn't be bothered. Truth is. I have always had a better impression of SMU than NUS or NTU. Now if only they'll accept me. Oh. And now that I suddenly recall:

I was doing desk duty (as usual) when some guy named Bobby (at least thats what the IC said) came up to me and asked me for the Rubbish Dump key. I exchanged his ID with the key as was normal procedure. And I settled down to read my book. Yesss I had it since then. About a while later, Jason Siddons (yes...its him again!) came in and said
Siddons: "Where is the dump key?"
Me: "some guy took it"
Siddons: "how long was it gone?"
Me: "I don't know........(reading my book. DND)"
Siddons: Speaking into a walkie talkie "Aerie (Gate duty personnel), is there any guy at the rubbish dump?"
Aerie: "nope. can you send someone out to check? (the dump was outside the stupid camp for obvious reasons related to smell)"
And I got up and went to check (it was afterall my responsibility...well sort of)
Me: "Nope. He is gone. And its unlocked"
About an hour later, our dear Bobby came back with rubbish. And Jason Siddons was in a good mind to fuck him left rght center. But I intervened saying..
Me: "Come come. let me show you the meaning of garang soldier. (meaning like fierce and ruthless and dedicated to the job)"
Out I went. ANd I caught him on the way back. Jason was standing behind me arms akimbo probably thinking "this will be good"

Me: "Yoz bobby. your bobby. right?"
Bobby: "Yes? Who are you?"
Me: "You took the rubbish dump key from the guardroom and never returned it just now. Next time, can you please return it to the guardroom first. If you have more rubbish you'll have to draw the key out again."
Bobby: "Oh ok. Sorry."

And at this point, dear old Jason was in hysterics probably thinking "and what was THAT?"

He intervened and in some deep voice asked:

Siddons: "Why the fuck did you take my key out for so long?"
Bobby (poor bobby): "I had more rubbish to throw away..."
Siddons: "Why? You think you are the only person who throws away rubbish is that it?"
and on and on it went. Poor Bobby! I left to get myself a drink and it was back to my book. LoL. That was me everyday. "garang soldier". Ask any of my RP friends "I heard Ian very garang issit?" and their reply would most probably be "Ian? Garang? Muahahahahahhaha."




No comments: