Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Somehow bad things have a way of getting to me. It must be some sign or something telling me that I am doing something very wrong. Came home as usual after SAFSA and had my camp call me to inform me that the Duty Officer (DO) was angry that I signed my rifle serial number wrongly. He even took down my Rank, my name and even my NRIC number. When a person goes so far, its never a good sign. But my rifle serial number was wrong? Thats bull! It consists on 5 numbers. 5! And considering that I signed out that rifle almost everyday, I wondered how in the world I could get 5 numbers wrong. No way! But considering who the damn DO is, I will probably be awarded a few extras (Guard Duty!). Thats never good. NEVER! But oh well, I hope that he is in a really good mood and reprimand me and forget about the whole damn thing.

Finished reading "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks. Damnnit. I was super lucky in a way that I have come across so many similar stories that I have become quite 'immune' to the sadness and the sleepless nights that usually follows. There were 2 animes like that, an email with a smilar story and now, a story. Even though I was immune, I still felt that it was a VERY POWERFUL book. Yeah yeah. I'm a pussy for reading a romance novel. But its nice dammit and I stopped caring about what other people thought of the books I read. Anyway, here is an extract from the book which I loved.

Landon: And when I asked you to the homecoming dance, you made me promise that I wouldn't fall in love (with you), but you knew that I was going to, didn't you?

She had a mischevious gleam in her eye.

Jamie: Yes
Landon: How did you know?

She shrugged without answering, and we sat together for a few moments, watching the rain as it blew against the windows.

Jamie: When I told you that I prayed for you, what did you think I was talking about?

No comments: