Sunday, February 29, 2004

The past 2 weeks have been undoubtly the most tiring time in my NS life thus far. WHy? Because of field camp. I know that my company is one of the most (well, its actually THE MOST welfare) company in BMTC. But still, no matter how welfare it is, field camp is always tiring. Thinking back about field camp now, it seems much more fun than when I was going through it last week. We were taught a few basic section formations, how to charge at the enemy (not Rambo style), how to prone flat on the ground and how to do various basic drills (like artilery drills, sniper drills..etc). But I would like to make one thing clear. I never did like the outdoors and still don't. Proning on the sand with perspiration dripping down my face and waiting for the next command is definitely not my cup of tea. And it was actually alot more tiring than I thought. And there were definitely funny instances as well. One of them occured when I was supposed to be the section IC. The 'enemy' was about 30m on the right and I was supposed to give the command to charge at him the moment he fired a shot. But when he did fire the shot, I immediately proned onto the ground while the rest of my section took their own initiative and charged. Imagine how ridiculous it was. The IC 'hiding' behind while his teammates charged. Haha. But besides the drills and the route marches from site to site, I guess field camp wasn't so bad....The army rations which I thought totally sucks (thanks to feedback from various sources) wasn't actually THAT bad. In fact, it was really edible and definitely taste better than the junk I churned up in my Home Econs class.

The O level results just came out and my sister got 16. I am like so happy for her! She got better grades than she thought she would and could stay in MJC due to her own merit. BUT now its my turn to eb worried. The A level results are going to be out soon! And I don't even dare to imagine how well or how horribly I would fare. Sighzzzz.

No comments: