Forget arcade games. I originally thought that passing my M16 rifle shootwas going to be easy considering how much arcade I played in the past. Boy was I wrong. I haven't even gone to the actual range yet. Rather, for the past week, we went for IMT (individual marksmanship training) which is something like an arcade game except that the rifle weighs 3 kg and it is more sensitive than most females. So long as your rifle magazine touches the sandbag or the groud, the rifle will jam and you'll have to perform IA drills (to clear the jam). Anyway, the system was pretty advanced in a way. It was mainly to test your shooting fundamentals and to teach you how to shoot right without wasting real bullets (SAF is a cheapo see?). And during my first shoot, my trigger squeezing, butt pressure (how firm your rifle is against your shoulder), barrel movement (whether your hands hold the rifle firmly to prevent the rifle from moving when you shoot) and canting (whether the rifle is tilted) were all WAY OFF. Needless to say, occassionally, my shots didn't even register as it was way off the target area. And on the 3rd day of IMT, I was asked to stay back for a re-shoot because it was pretty apparent that I was missing almost ALL my shots. And the best part is come monday, I'll be going to the live range where I'll be going to erm re-live my childhood dreams of becoming the next Rambo. In case you don't know who Rambo is, he is the guy who manages to hold to on to 2 machine guns, empty the entire magazine and somehow still manages to hit every single person in sight.
Saturday, February 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment