I received an email about 2 days ago by my cousin-in-law. Well he married my cousin so that makes him a cousin (in law anyways right?). So this email is about some accounting problem regarding inventories. The summary:
I bought a bunch of HD DVD players back when the battle for the next generation high-definition player was still on between Sony and whoever it was that lost (coz you, we all know that it doesnt matter who finished 2nd). Now that Sony has been proclaimed the victor, my HD DVD inventories suddenly became obsolete. So what happens? My accountant wants me to write it off (that bitch) and to add insult to my bad business acumen, write it off against my profits! Is that even legal (and to think I pay her the big bucks to screw me over)? So I order the little bitch to shut up and leave it alone. If she can't make it better, she might as well not make it worse.
My cousin-in-law's question to me (if you still follow me) was simple. Comment on the actions of the owner and the dilemma faced by the accountant (aka bitch).
Whats your opinion?
Here's mine. The summary above has been re-written by me (grossly exaggerating it)to illustrate a point. As a business owner, I think that accountants are the bane of my problems. Why pay them when they can't help me with anything? As an accountant (not to be), I think that business owners are ridiculous and ruthlessly unethical.
And the point is..?
That there are 2 sides to every coin. There are times when people miss the point. But there are more times when people don't see the other point because we all want to be...correct.
Now then...I'm going to complain. I had a high fever of Thursday so I missed 3 days of the world. When I log back in, heres what I see.
Taxi Driver fined for nudity
The Straits Times, Home section Page B8 Dated Friday 21st August 2009.
My first reaction was, No Shit! Its my own home and I can't even walk around in the nude? Alright, how about half nude? Its ok? So where do we draw the line? Maybe nothing offensive for conservative Singaporeans. So does my hairy chest and armpits offend you? Maybe the size of my manhood does too coz you realize your pale in comparison. And I'm not even getting started. See how ridiculous this is starting to get already?
My really simple solution to all this, Don't Fucking Look! In fact, the taxi driver should be counter suing for invasion of privacy. If you see things from the perspective of the taxi-driver, would the neighbours complain if say Sienna Miller or Megan Fox was the one doing the nude thing? Hell no! They would shut the fuck up and peep. And when those retards got caught staring, she'll probably sue for invasion of privacy and win. So you see how ridiculous I find the whole thing?
PS: Mr cabbie got fined $2,600. YS you better watch out! You could be in for $1,300.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment