Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Oh yes. Neopets decided to do a technical maintaianance at this time of the day releasing me to wipe off some dust from my blog. SIghz. Well, in case you didn't know, I was posted to be a Regimental Policeman after my BMT. Was I dissappointed? Well, truthfully I was. I really did set my sights on SISPEC (School of Infantry Specialists). People used to comment that I was crazy. Going to a place to be tortured and in the end, with only a sergeant rank to show for all that hard work. Of course, it did help that SISPEC was in Pulau Tekong which needless to say was extremely near my house. And believe it or not, the reason I really wanted to be in SISPEC was so that I could learn more stuff. Serious!! I know la...this, coming from my mouth sounds ridiculous considering that everyone who knows me know me as the ultimate slacker. Right Rosie? But still, SISPEC instills discipline (abeit the hard way) and well, it teaches you to be confident and to lead. Sighz. Gone are the glorious "dreams" for as a regimental policeman, just about the only thing I'll ever get to do is Guard duty. Yes.. Guard duty. You see those poor sould standing at the entrace of every camp guarding it as though they wanted it obliterated. Thats me. My job. Standing there, saluting every officer who comes my way, catching people with long hair, unkept clothings, camera phones, PDAs, laptops..etc. SIghz. But life was worse. When I initially received my posting order, my first impression was "you have got to be joking". ANd I was further demoralised when I went for the regimental police course in Chua Chu Kang. The majority of the people there were from ITE, Poly, O levels or dropouts. Its not that I discriminate these people. Its just that I felt as though I am so useless and unwanted by MINDEF that the only posting that I qualified for was Regimental Police (ok..so maybe I am discriminating them...a little?). But 1 day into my new job, and I guess that well....if ever I wanted a slack job, this was as slack as it got. Thats the bright side. The camp that I am in (Ayer Rajah Camp) is a stay out camp meaning that I get to bookout and go home EVERYDAY! And besides, my duty is 1.5 hours a day and the rest of the day, I get to slack int he guardroom and SLEEP. So, I guess that this job is the best suited to me afetr all? Haha. Of course, I'll try to update you as much as I can about how boring life as a regimental policeman can get...like how I greeted a female officer as sir yesterday and getting a dirty look in return. Like how I let this idiot get through into camp even though he had a Nokia 7250 (camera phone) with him, and finally, how some guys squirmed uncomfortably when i touched their pockets to 'feel' for contraband items :P Sounds gay doesn't it?

No comments: